Wednesday, June 26, 2013

[Real Estate Corner] How to stage for a quick sale!



Q.  How can I “stage” my home so it sells quickly for the price I want?

A.   Make sure you address both the outside and the inside of the house by cleaning and de-cluttering everything, from the front yard to the garage to the kitchen, bathrooms, and basement.  Put away your personal items so buyers can imagine themselves living there.

One way to take years off your home is with paint.  Check the home’s exterior paint job, and don’t forget the front door, mailbox, garage doors, and walkways.   In the interior, remove the pictures from the walls (as well as old wallpaper) and paint the walls in a neutral color. 

Also, consider these tips if you want to sell your home fast for a good price:  a) Hire professional cleaners to do the work; b) Get a home inspection before you put it on the market; and c) Make your landscaping look sharp.  

For a list of the specific steps you should take, ask for my Free Consumer Report called “4 Steps To Stage Your Home For A Fast Sale.”  I’ll send a copy right to you.

Do you have a real estate question you want answered?  Feel free to call/text me at (402) 881-0758 or email me at dan.nord58@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment