Wednesday, May 29, 2013

[Real Estate Corner] Making my home stand out!




Q.  How do I make my home stand out in the market without spending much money? 

A.   If you want to get offers from buyers, make a great first impression by improving these potential turn-offs:

·      Messy Landscaping:  Buyers are looking for curb appeal.  Take the time to clean up an overgrown yard.
·      Nasty Odors:  You may not smell some odors in your home because you’ve become desensitized to them.  Ask your REALTOR® if there are odors (smoke, pet odors) and how you can get rid of them.
·      Too Much Clutter:  Pack away any items like excess furniture, personal pictures and nick-knacks.  They make your rooms look smaller and distract the buyer from really seeing the house itself.
·      Old Paint:  A fresh coat of neutral-colored paint is a low-cost way to make your rooms look new and fresh. 

You can learn more about these and 40 more tips in my Free Consumer Report called “44 Money Making Tips For Preparing Your Home To Sell.”   Just ask me for a copy for yourself or a friend, and I’ll send it right over.

Dan Nord 402-881-0758

No comments:

Post a Comment