Cure Headache Pain With
7 Natural Remedies
7 Natural Remedies
If you suffer from headaches, try a natural remedy before turning to prescription or over-the-counter drugs. Traditional medicine can cause unwanted side effects for many people, which is why alternative, natural methods are gaining in popularity. Talk to your doctor about using these seven natural headache remedies:
1. Magnesium: Sometimes migraine sufferers have been found to be deficient in magnesium. Magnesium is found in dark green vegetables, nuts, and seeds. In tablet form, 400 to 600 milligrams each day may help reduce headache frequency.
2. Butterbur: This herb has been shown to help prevent headache attacks because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Take 75 milligrams each day.
3. Ginger: This herb has been used for thousands of years in India. New research indicates that it reduces inflammation in small blood vessels, including ones in the brain. Try infusing a tea with fresh ginger root from the produce department or from dried powder.
4. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): Studies show Vitamin B can correct small deficiencies in brain-cells. Get more riboflavin by eating leafy green vegetables, dairy products, beans, almonds, mushrooms, or tomatoes.
5. Sunshine: The Vitamin D produced when you spend time out in the sun seems to affect the way you perceive pain. If you don’t get enough time outdoors, try taking a 2,000 milligram tablet daily.
6. Rosemary: The soothing smell of rosemary tea can help you relax and relieve head tension. Infuse 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried herb in a cup. Also, use rosemary oil to massage into your temples for headache relief.
7. Valerian: Although the smell is rather unpleasant, this herb has been used since the Middle Ages to relieve pain and relax the body. It also promotes good sleep. Buy it where vitamins and supplements are sold.